Sunday 15 March 2009

DVLA Bites

Ok so I'm at work and I get a call from my housemate saying "There are some guys out the front of the house loading your bike onto a truck". So the long and the short of it is that I didn't pay my road tax due to the fact that I never received the notice. This really bothers me as the DVLA clearly knows where the bike is, what my name is, what my email is, what my phone number is etc. Instead trying - just once - to get hold of me they put the bike on the back of a truck, haul it half way across London and then expect me to pick it up. 

Why not just give me a parking ticket?

Anyway I pay the tax and then go to pick the bike up, and guess what the guy serving me has so much attitude I actually have to say "you don't need to be so hostile towards me". No doubt most people that come to collect their vehicle are pretty pissed off. And so was I, though I was still polite (at that point). 

I get to the bike and see they have cut the auxiliary chain that is not used for securing that bike to anything, only to my other bike. Why? No idea, it wasn't stopping them moving it in any way. Also my housemate would have given them the key if they had asked. They also seem to have damaged the rear tire, which I noticed quite abruptly as I turned a corner on the exit of the impound lot and nearly went tits up. Jackasses.

So after all this I'm down a huge fine, a very expensive lock, and a rear tire. What for?

Not paying my £15 - yes only £15 tax, within 2 months, when the bike had not been ridden over winter. Maybe if I was riding it at the time I might think differently but really this is too much. 

The punishment does not fit the crime, in my opinion anyway.

1 comment:

Mauricio said...

Hello friend, very good information and visitame blog.Saludos is you.